by Callan One advantage of having our studio in the city area is our friends can drop in on us rather easily. Last Wednesday, long-time Twitter friend Nicole took us up on that, and since she missed our studio opening, she brought us a gift — a six-pack of beer! In return, we sat her […]
by Callan I bought some new toys last Friday, one of which is the Zeiss 1.4/85 ZE. It’s my second Zeiss lens, after the 1.4/50 which I love using so much. The 85 is more of a portrait lens compared to the 50, but that isn’t too big of a difference. Naturally, it is bigger […]
by Callan I have previously mentioned on my personal blog that I bought two rolls of Kodachrome to make some portraits of my friends and family; despite my best efforts, there simply wasn’t enough time for me to finish both rolls, and I have resorted to making more photos of my son Ayrton than anyone […]
by Callan At CaKe, there are few genres we love photographing more than portraits, and making portraits of performers are near the top of that list. When an ex-colleague approached me to make some photographs for purposes of entering a contest, I couldn’t say no; not when the ex-colleague in question is Naoko Enomoto, Miss […]
Donna B. and Anne D. are two experienced models from Australia, and when we knew they were going to be in Singapore in November last year, we jumped at the chance to work with them. This was one of the most enjoyable shoots we have done, and we hope everyone involved had as much fun […]
- Trying out Kenko Extension Tubes April 6, 2011
- CaKe celebrates the start of the new year! February 8, 2011
- “You have 15 minutes” November 8, 2011
- Basis X CAKE June 28, 2013
- A project with TAFEP June 5, 2013
- Natanel x Anita Goes To Dubai April 11, 2013
- So You Think You Can Shoot? | METROPOLITANT: [...] 4.45pm Anita will also be varying her hair ...
- CaKe: This is already a steep discounted price from our ...
- Hooi Soo: is there any special discount for your assistant?...