CaKe Photography Studio is a medium sized studio, measuring approximately 3 m by 5 m. It is open 24/7 and perfect for portraiture, fashion and product shoots. We have a variety of photographic equipment, lights and accessories for you to perform your photoshoot with.
Natural light shoots are possible when the main window is opened, however it is limited by the size and position of the window. A special feature is a spiral staircase that can be used for specific shots. The photography studio can also accommodate activities such as workshops, seating up to 30 participants with foldable chairs included.
The studio comes with a sofa, several chairs, coffee table and water dispenser. Amenities such as a restroom, shower, iPod/iPhone dock and wireless internet are also available. The studio area is cooled by 3 air conditioners that can be controlled by you. Makeup mirror and table is provided, along with a changing corner with full-length mirror.
When our staff are available, we can help you to setup the equipment if needed and also share some friendly advice or suggestions on shooting. We can also provide a quick basic tutorial on how to use the lights and equipment for first-timers. We are also happy to provide assistance to your shoot for a fee of $150 for the first 2 hours and then $50 for each hour thereafter.
The rental rates are as follows:
Hourly rates (minimum 2 hours):
- Weekdays: $35/hour (0900 – 1800)
- Weekdays: $45/hour (1800 – 2100)
- Weekends/PH: $45/hour (0900 – 2100)
- Night/morning: $55/hour (2100 – 0900)
- Weekday: $300 (Any 10 hours between 0900 – 2100)
- Weekend/PH: $400 (Any 10 hours between 0900 – 2100)
- Overnight: $500 (Any 10 hours between 2100-0900)
Bookings must be made at least 1 day in advance. Any cancellation of the booking must be done at least 12 hours in advance or face penalties.
To arrange for a block booking not falling in the above slots, please contact us to arrange for it and we can negotiate a suitable price.
For further enquiries or special requests, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 6299-3493 / 9695-8584.
The following equipment comes together with the photography studio rental for your use:
- 2 x Bowens Gemini C 500W strobes
- 2 x PocketWizard Plus II radio trigger
- 1 x Octagonal softbox
- 1 x Rectangular softbox, 60×80 cm
- 1 x Boom arm
- 1 x White reflector
- 1 x Barndoor
- 1 x White paper backdrop
- 1 x Black paper backdrop
- 1 x Grey paper backdrop
- 1 x Wind machine
- 1 x Steam iron
For Canon camera users, we can also provide PocketWizard MiniTTL radio transmitters for E-TTL operation of the studio lights. Other equipment, backdrop colors, more strobe lights and other light modifiers such as lightmeter, beauty dishes, more softboxes, stripboxes, honeycomb grids and snoots are available upon request but subject to availability. Please enquire before booking if you would like to use them.
We are located along the Kampong Glam side of North Bridge Road, above Yi Chuan Ge Spa. Our exact address is 768A North Bridge Road, Singapore 198736.
How to get here:
- Stop at Bugis MRT and exit via EXIT B.
- Walk along Victoria Street, turning right at Ophir Road, stopping at the intersection with North Bridge Road.
- Cross the traffic light to be on the right side of North Bridge Road, then cross the other traffic light again, along North Bridge Road.
- Walk along for about 5-10 minutes until you see unit 768A , a small white door with the CaKe logo.
Along North Bridge Road, there is a bus stop (01229) just outside our door. The bus numbers that stop there are: 7, 32, 51, 61, 63, 80, 145, 175, 197.
Along Victoria Street, you can stop after Stamford Primary School (01121) and cross over directly. The bus numbers that stop there are: 2, 7, 12, 32, 33, 51, 61, 63, 80, 130, 133, 145, 175, 197.
There are carparks along North Bridge Road near our studio. The parking rate is 50 cents per half hour between 830am and 5pm, and free after 5pm.